Tuesday, March 6, 2012

So, if you haven't heard I have changed my career. Again. Yeah, yeah I know. I'm actually going to stick with this one. I prooooommmisssee. I wanted to be a Special Ed teacher but school was going to be yet another two years and a LOT of student loans to pay back when through. At which point then I would need to start on my Masters degree. I would like to get the ball rolling a little sooner than that so after some soul searching and a few serious talks with the Mr, I decided to become an esthetician. I started school in Jan and will graduate in June. So far, I LOVE it. I am so freaking happy it's a little ridiculous. No one is supposed to love what they do this much right?! I have learned some of the coolest skin care stuff that I cannot wait to share with family and friends. Waxing, makeup application, body wraps, facials, spray tanning, microderm abrasion, chemical and mechanical peels, and (yes, how awesome is this) cellulite treatments. That isn't even all of the fun stuff I get to do on a daily basis. The group of girls in my class are amazing. These women are relatively close to my age and not at all the immature 18 year olds I was expecting to encounter. In the 6 weeks since we started school we have become a little family. So, in two weeks when I am done with my basic classes I want some of you to come see me out on the floor so I can do fun stuff to you too! Plus, its a school so it's super cheap. (bonus!)
In other news, I think Keira is feeling better today. She slept through the night and has no sign of a fever. The first thing she asked for when she woke up was food so I'm taking that as a good sign that I can go back to school today. Which is good because sitting around all day not feeling well is no fun as you can see:

No comments:

Post a Comment